A few of you might think I am slightly nuts talking about Apple Cider Vinegar! bear with me… this stuff is amazing! Not only a fantastic addition to your condiments cupboard to sprinkle on salads, quinoa and for soups… it is also a fabulous friend and remedy to the medicine cabinet. It is now readily available, but in order for it to do the good stuff get it with the active enzyme in it(known as ‘the mother’)
You can buy it now at your local supermarket or health food store. I get the brand Bragg (seen above) from Coles. See here if you would like to purchase online.
I have a capful every morning in a large glass of water.
Apple Cider Vinegar has long been used as a folk remedy. Now it is revered as a health tonic with seemingly magical powers, rumoured to have the properties needed to cure and aid problems from warts to digestion. You might as well give it a try!
here are some reasons to love apple cider vinegar:
- To treat acid reflux – Take one teaspoon in a glass of water. Many think that acid reflux is the body over producing acid. But it is actually the opposite for many, as its too little acid. Helps to retain a natural pH in the gut.
- To freshen your breathe – a large capful of this swill out your mouth with the vinegar for 30 seconds then spit.
- To help aid digestion – If you are planning on indulging in a meal that you expect that you will not get along very well with your stomach, try drinking one teaspoon of ACV mixed with a teaspoon of honey in a small glass of warm water 30 minutes before you dine.
- To remove a wart – dab some cotton wool in ACV and pop on the infected area tape over with a waterproof plaster and wear at night and all day. Keep repeating until wart goes black and falls off.
- To fight an itchy bite – dab some ACV on some cotton wool and gently wipe the itchy area.
- To brighten skin – many who suffer from angst caused by skin problems, psoriasis, eczema to dry skin. ACV helps reduce inflammation and redness. Try dabbing affected area with a cotton wool bud dipped in ACV.
- To help keep your immune system strong – if you have a capful of ACV every day in a glass of water. It is renowned to help strengthen your immune system to help fight colds and flu. This is due to all of the active enzymes (‘the mother’).