Green baked eggs with chipotle Greek yoghurt is a delightful dish taking eggs to the next level. It is also an upgrade from my family favourite “eggs in a thing“.
It consists of lightly sautéed red onion, garlic in my favourite spice combination from Souk spice (read more about it here), grated zucchini and baby spinach, pop a few organic eggs in and then sprinkle with parmesan, bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Serve with fresh coriander and smokey chipotle greek yoghurt.
It is heavenly. You can have it for breakfast, lunch or supper and under 30 minutes to put together.
Tip* Eggs contain essential amino acids. They are inexpensive and great source of many nutrients packed into one of natures best designs. Boost healthy nails and hair, helps to prevent macular degeneration from the vitamin A for your eyes, helps to boost brain health. They also contain vitamin B, especially vitamin B12 which are essential for good nerve function. The greens in this dish-of-the-day are phytochemical rich, the greener they are the more alkalinising they are, a great detoxifying and anti-oxidant packed dish to boost you throughout the day. Lots of fibre to aid digestion and the squeeze of lime will replace some of the vitamin C lost through the cooking process.
1 Tsp Coconut Oil
1 Red Onion, diced
1 Garlic Clove, finely chopped
1 Tsp Souk Spice
4 Organic Free Range Eggs
1 Zucchini, grated
2 Cups Baby Spinach
1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional spice)
2 Tbsp Parmesan, finely grated
2 Heaped Tbsp Greek Yoghurt
1 Tsp Chipotle Sauce
- Preheat oven to 180c. In a small frying pan, medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add onions and sauté for a few minutes until fragrant add garlic and Souk Spice.
- Toss for a few more minutes before adding grated zucchini. Let it sweat until zucchini is partly cooked (1-2 minutes).
- Add 3/4 of the spinach to the bottom of a small baking tray. Before adding the zucchini mixture.
- Make four holes in the zucchini crack the eggs into each hole. Sprinkle with the parmesan, dust with the cayenne pepper. Pop in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Whilst eggs are baking, make the chipotle yoghurt. Stir the greek yoghurt and chipotle sauce together and season to taste.
- Remove eggs from oven when crispy and slightly browned. Serve with a squeeze of lime and chipotle yoghurt.