Serves 8 People:
1kg Free Range Chicken Mince
1 Free Range Egg
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Chilli, finely chopped
1 Cup Basil Leaves, finely chopped
1 Tsp Sea Salt
1 Tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Handful Peanuts, crushed
Handful Mint Leaves
2 Spring Onions Finely chopped
1 Lime, segmented
Few Dollops Greek Yoghurt
8 Long Wooden Skewers, soaked in water
1. Grab a large mixing bowl, add all of the above ingredients, mix well together with wooden spoon or even hand. Ensure all ingredients are well mixed.
2. Divide mince into 8 pieces and mould around each skewer into a long sausage shape.
3. Turn on BBQ (or if not BBQing weather, then grab a griddle pan). Let it be a high heat.
4. Add your chicken skewers to the hot pans and let them sizzle each side for around 7-10 minutes until cooked through and crunchy and blackened on the outside.
5. Remove from heat and brush with sweet chilli sauce and sprinkle with crushed peanuts, mint leaves and scattered spring onions.
6. Serve with extra sweet chilli sauce on the side and optional dollop of greek yoghurt on top of some homemade flatbread (recipe here) and a squeeze of lime.
BBQ Sticky chicken kofta with homemade flatbread and sweet chilli sauce is a perfect meal to whip up for your buddies. This went down exceptionally well with a few of my girlfriends, who had supper at mine lastnight.0