These little carb-free numbers are an absolute winner. Not only do these stick to those doing the Paleo diet they also are vegetarian. Full to the brim of goodies and really blooming easy to make. A brilliant one to make up on a Sunday and to give you a delicious kickstart each morning for those back at work.
Enjoy & Happy Monday
Makes about 8 muffins
1 Large Ripe Banana,
1 Cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen (optional)
2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
4 Free Range Eggs
3/4 Cup Hazelnut Meal (can be almond meal too)
1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 Tbsp Honey
1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
1. Turn oven onto 180c. Grab a large mixing bowl, mash the ripe banana with a potato masher. Add the vanilla essence and the eggs and beat until all mixed in.
2. In another bowl add the dry ingredients, meal, sea salt, baking soda, cinnamon and mix together.
3. Slowly mix in the wet banana mixture into the dry ingredients. Once mixed well together add blueberries, coconut oil and honey. Mix again, trying not to break up the blueberries.
4. Pour batter consistency mixture into muffin tins. I used a silicone one which I fine the best.
5. Whack in the oven for 25-30 minutes until browned. Leave on the side to cool and pop in fridge once cooled.