My Gluten free (GF) beef bolognese cannelloni are made from bolognese and eggplants, they are such simple little throw togethers with any bolognese that you might have made, you can see my most recent recipe here.
If you have left overs of bolognese or don’t want to just make your standard spag bol (here’s my recipe here for this one). Buy yourself an eggplant (aubergine) and get making a little gluten free cannelloni still dish for dinner. Perfect for any night of the week.
Eggplants are a great source of folate (this helps treat low iron in the blood), fibre (digestion) and magnesium which is great for sleep. Get making these simple bolognese cannelloni for any day of the week. I made a few batches and froze for later.
1 Lg eggplant, finely sliced lengthways
1.5 Cups pre-made bolognese (recipe here)
1/4 Cup finely grated parmesan
3 Heaped tbsp greek yoghurt
Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180c. Grab a small roasting tin (I like these ones for portion size) depending on the size of your eggplant, dollop a couple of tbsp of bolognese sauce into middle of eggplant, fold each end of eggplant to make parcel, then place bottom of parcel facedown into dish.
- Repeat step one until you have filled up your roasting tin.
- Mix half the parmesan with Greek yoghurt. Smother on top of cannelloni.
- Dust with the rest of the parmesan and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Pop in the over for 25 minutes, until crispy/browned on top and cooked through. Serve with a sprinkling of fresh basil.