I absolutely love chia seeds, they are also really good for you and part of the superfood family.
Here are a few pointers to put you in the right direction.
– Packed to the rafters of nutrients, magnesium and calcium
– Full of fibre (you know what that means!)
– Absorb a lot of water, which keeps you fuller for longer, a great breakfast.
– A great slow release energy, keeps you going for a lot longer
– Have a slimy consistency when soaked, if you don’t like this consistency, I wouldn’t buy.
– They are loaded with Antioxidants to help you skin and your digestive system
– Contains High Quality Protein, if you are a vegetarian, or vegan or have a low meat diet (like me) these are a fabulous alternative to keep those protein levels up. It will also help when working out in the gym to retain that muscle.
All in all a win win situation. This is how I make my chia seed breakfast with banana. It it beyond delicious and keeps hunger locked up until lunchtime. Make sure you make it the night before, so all the chia seeds are well and truly soaked. Takes about 5 minutes to make.
If you are not a coconut fan, I would replace the coconut milk with almond milk and desiccated coconut with finely chopped dates.
1 Ripe Banana, sliced
1/4 Cup Black or White Chia Seeds
1/4 Cup Desiccated Coconut
1 Cup Coconut Milk
Pinch Sea Salt
2 Strawberries, optional
Squirt Honey, optional
1. In a bowl add chia, coconut milk, desiccated coconut and salt and mix well.
2. Pop in fridge with lid or cling film for 2 hrs or overnight and then add banana, strawberries and honey in the morning just before you gobble it down.0