Slow cooked Thai style chicken drumsticks with sweet pineapple, creamy coconut milk, kafir lime leaves and red curry paste is an amalgamation of awesomeness which compliments your sweet, savoury and sour palette.
The beauty of this dish not only that it looks pretty rad, but there are only 8 ingredients used to get an amazing simple Thai inspired meal. It is also guaranteed to not put you out of pocket. Perfect supper for your mates.
I used a slow cooker with a braising option and cooked it for two hours, if you don’t have one. I would cook it for 1.5h at 150c with a heavy dish that has a lid.
I hope you enjoy it.
6 Organic Chicken Drumsticks
1 Red Onion, finely diced
2 Garlic Cloves, finely sliced
2 Heaped Tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
6 Kafir Lime Leaves, finely sliced
1 Tin Coconut Milk
1 Lime, quartered
1/2 Large Pineapple, diced
Half Bunch Coriander, roughly chopped
- Turn on slow cooker to braise option and gently brown the chicken drumsticks on either side for a about 10 minutes in total, to seal in the flavour. Remove from slow cooker.
- Add onion, garlic and 3/4 of the kafir lime leaves, let it cook until fragrant and onion is slightly soft.
- Add curry paste, stir together for 1-2 minutes, before adding coconut milk.
- Carefully place the chicken drumsticks back in the slow cooker.
- Turn it to high on the slow cooker and set for two hours. Once it is done the chicken should fall off the bone. Add your fresh pineapple to dish and stir well. Scatter the remaining kafir lime leaves and then sprinkle the coriander on top. Serve with a lime wedge for each person.
- Goes well with a jasmine rice or quinoa.