EYE SCREAM, YOU SCREAM…WE ALL LOVE ICECREAM! Coconut Icecream with every mouthful dollops me on a deserted island lined with palm trees and white sand in the middle of the Pacific Ocean…its not to everyones taste. But I have always been a massive fan, from a young age loving bounty bars. This one is egg free as well just made from a few ingredients and no cream… Quite easy to make with no ice-cream maker involved. A great one to serve with some fresh fruit for a cheeky mid-week almost guilt-free pudding!
3 Tins Coconut Milk
3/4 Cup White Sugar
2 Heaped Cups Dessicated Coconut
1 Teaspoon Gelatin
1. Pop two tins of coconut milk in the fridge to chill. Empty the third one into a saucepan with the sugar. Slowly heat on a medium hob and whisk for 15 minutes, make sure you don’t boil (this is the equivalent of the condensed cream. The coconut cream should reduce about a quarter in this time. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
2. Remove both chilled coconut tins from fridge and open. The Coconut cream in the tin should have separated from the milk. Just use the cream bit and whisk with either an electric whizz or hand whisk until a little thicker (5 minutes worth of whisking).
3. Get a teaspoon of gelatine and mix with 3 tablespoons of the warm coconut condensed cream ensuring all is dissolved. Once dissolved add back to all of the coconut condensed cream and then add the chilled coconut cream. Blend together and then add desiccated coconut.
4. Pop into a tupperware box or freezer tub and freeze overnight.
5. Take out 30-40 minutes before serving to ensure extra soft.