Creamy Chicken and Cauliflower hot pot is kinda like cauliflower cheese with extra chicken!! I made up this simple recipe a few years ago with what I had in the fridge at the time. It has remained one of my classics, a little random to say the least, but really delicious and was a fab alternative Sunday lunch for me and the boy. Really warming and goes swimmingly well with my summertime salad. It also is not as much effort as “Sunday Roast” and just as yum!
1. Turn oven on to 180c. Grab a medium frying pan and add a glug of olive oil. Heat until hot and then add the onion, cook until soft.
2. Turn the heat to low/medium and add the garlic and chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes. Take off heat (chicken doesn’t have to be completely cooked through, as it cook in the oven in a bit)
3. To make the white sauce, in a small sauce pan melt the butter, add the flour, cook for a minute or so, add milk and whisk until a silky consistency on a low heat, add a little more flour or milk if not thick enough or too thick. Once a silk consistency, whisk in the stock powder.
4. Add white sauce to chicken/onion combo and stir in. Add cauliflower and make sure all is covered evenly.
5. Pop in two oven proof dishes or one bigger dish, sprinkle with spinach and then the cheese, salt & pepper to season and whack in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until bubbling and browned.
Serve with large salad and cold beer. Perfect sunday!!