Oven baked eggplant (aubergine) with garlic infused greek yoghurt, mint, topped with sweet pomegranate seeds is an unbelievable combination. I have recently been experimenting with eggplant. It is renowned to absorb many flavours, so I thought I would put this to the test.
I have always done curried eggplant as a side to a BBQ or chicken dish. But by adding a garlic infused greek yoghurt and pomegranate took this dish to another level. It is super simple. Can be had by itself, or with a garden side salad (try this one or this one) or even with these spicy lamb kebabs or beer-can chicken.
Enjoy this little number an absolute winner
2 Eggplants, halved lengthways
3 Tsp Curry Powder
1 Tsp Chilli Flakes
6 Tbsp Greek Yoghurt
2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
1/4 Cup Mint Leaves, Finely chopped
Salt & Pepper
1. Turn oven onto 180c. In a baking tray add eggplant where the flesh has been cubed inside the skin (see photo below) try not to cut the skin.
2. Lightly sprinkle with olive oil. Rub in the curry powder evenly and then dust off with the chilli flakes.
3. Whack in the oven for 30 minutes. Until crispy and flesh is cooked.
4. Leave to cool for 10 minutes to 15 minutes.
5. Whilst cooling in a pestle and mortar. Add garlic cloves and finely grind into a paste. Then add the yoghurt, pinch of salt and pepper and mix well. Add half the mint leaves to yoghurt mix.
6. Evenly distribute garlic infused yoghurt on baked eggplant. Finally sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, the rest of the mint, salt & pepper.