I haven’t made brownies in so long. It is the boys birthday and I thought that there is no better time than to give these a go. It was time to experiment and try some gluten free, flourless, no refined sugar ones and the result were fabulous and so so moorish.
I used raw cacao (you can use unsweetened cocoa too), honey, vanilla, organic eggs and black beans instead of the flour. The results were fabulous and is a must to try any night of the week.
Try these for kids parties, birthdays or just dinners with you mates. Have them whipped up in 45 minutes.
Makes 8 Little Brownies (or one bread loaf tin)
1 Tin organic black beans, drained and washed
2 Organic Eggs
50g Cacao Powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder), I did half and half of each
1 Tbsp vanilla essence/paste
80g Honey/Maple Syrup
110g Coconut Oil or Butter (I did half and half), melted
1/4 Cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Handful pumpkin seeds/walnuts/hazelnuts/sesame seeds for the topping
- Preheat oven to 180c. In a food processor add black beans, eggs, honey, cacao, vanilla and blitz until smooth.
- Whilst still blitzing add cooled but melted butter/coconut mix.
- If you want to add chopped walnuts hand mix them in now.
- Pour into a lined or silicon loaf tin, sprinkle seeds or nuts over and pop in the oven for 40 minutes. Until cracked on top.
- Leave to cool completely before cutting. Goes well with scattering of fresh raspberries and Greek yoghurt.