I thought I would share with you one of my fave breakkies to help me kick start a weekend of antics. This is my fave dish after a workout in the gym. The core ingredients are Rocket (full of iron), Tomatoes (full of folate, potassium & vitamins), Basil (Vitamin K, great for iron), Greek Fetta (light cheese, good fats) and Anchovies, all drizzled with some balsamic and olive oil.
The health benefits to anchovies are wondrous. I love them and i completely understand they are not to everyone’s taste. I get the white anchovy’s from the deli which have been filleted and cured in vinegar. Here are some of the benefits to eating these little fishy’s:
– Rich in Protein – will especially help after a work out. They are low in calories and have been know to help stimulate satiety which helps prevent over eating
– Contain good fats – known to help lower cholesterol
– Full of Vit C and Omega 3 – great for skin, hair and nails as well as a wonderful flu buster
– Full of Vit A – which is great for your peepers
Handful Rocket, washed
Wholegrain bread toasted or some guilt free low carb bread (see here for recipe)
6 or 7 White Anchovy Fillets
1 Tomato, sliced
Greek Feta, few cubes
Salt & Pepper
Dash of Olive Oil & Balsamic
1. Toast your bread, layer a bed of rocket, then add the toast.
2. Pop sliced tomatoes on top, then anchovies, then sprinkle with basil and some feta.
3. Salt & Pepper it up, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic (optional)