Seasonal grilled mandarins, fresh orange segments, lightly toasted pepitas, crumbled feta all on a bed baby red spinach and rocket salad from my garden drizzled in homemade dijon dressing is one of the best new salad combinations I have come up with.
Its zesty and refreshing, the creamy feta cuts through the tartness of the carmelised grilled mandarins. A scrumptious salad which screams summer. One to whip out for that weekend BBQ.
*The beautiful Duckling Jug is by local Sydney potters Mona Lisa Pottery. Check them out online as they have great stocking fillers for this Christmas (only 7 weeks away!!)
Its simple to make and looks fancy. Win Win!
Serves 2 (or salad for one)
1 Tsp Coconut Oil
1 Mandarin, finely sliced (1cm thick pieces)
1 Naval Orange, peeled and segments cut out with sharp knife
1 Cup Baby Spinach
1 Cup Rocket
30g Feta, Crumbled
1/4 Cup Pepitas, toasted
For the dressing:
1 Heaped Tsp Dijon Mustard
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/8 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tsp Honey
- Preheat a griddle pan with 1 tsp coconut oil on a medium heat. Once hot add the finely mandarin and let them caramelise and char either side. Works at 1-2 minutes each side.
- In another small frying pan, add the pepitas and lightly fry dry until slightly browned. Place to one side
- Load up a large plate or bowl with the salad, add segments of orange, followed by feta and pepitas.
- The mandarin slices should be charred on either side and slightly caramelised, cut them in half and scatter over the serving dish.
- For the dressing, pop all ingredients into a small bowl or mug and mix well together. Season to taste.