Sorbet is a delicious sweet treat. My mango and mint sorbet is wonderfully refreshing and perfect for a hot summers day.
The best thing about my sorbet is you don’t need an ice cream maker (just a food processor), it has no added refined sugar and is vegan friendly too. I used honey to sweet mine, but if you are vegan I would recommend maple syrup. The mint cuts through the creaminess of the mango. It is perfect by itself or to have dollop with some Greek yoghurt and fresh berries.
Enjoy this little number.
Makes one tub of sorbet
500g Frozen Mango
1 Lime Squeezed
2 Tbsp Honey or Maple Syrup if vegan
1/2 Cup Fresh Mint Leaves
- Add frozen mango to food processor and start to blitz. It will take about 5 minutes blitzing before you have a smooth sorbet smooth paste.
- In a small sauce pan slowly melt honey and lime. Once runny add to sorbet and blitz again in food processor.
- The add mint and blitz again.
- Pop in freeze proof container and freeze for 1-2 hours before serving.
- You can also put some of the sorbet in ice-trays and add one mango ice-cube to your next glass of prosecco.