|Rosedog & Co Minestrone Soup with my Indigo Shibori Hand-dyed Napkins available in a pack of 4 for $20. Email me here for order.|
Minestrone Soup is one of my all time favourites. Its heartiness screams English winter. Where you should be cuddled up under lambswool blankets, in front of a large roaring fire, a doorstop wedge of fresh bread with lots of butter. This little number is a slightly healthier version with quinoa instead of the traditional pasta and some chorizo give it that extra smokiness. A brilliant lunch or supper. Easy to make too.
Bunch of Parsley, finely chopped
2 Chorizo Sausages, finely sliced
1 Red Onion, finely chopped
3 Carrots, roughly chopped
1 Tbsp Garlic Paste
1 800g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
1L Vegetable stock
1 Cup Quinoa
Salt & Pepper
Topping – use some of my kale & basil pesto plus some grated parmesan
1. In a large saucepan, heat up a good glug of olive oil and then add the onion to sweat by placing lid back on. Once soft add the garlic and the carrots and cook for a further 5 minutes.
2. Add the tin tomatoes and bring to the boil. Add the chorizo and simmer for a further 5-7 minutes, then add the stock and simmer for 20 minutes, ensuring all flavours are brought out.
3. Add quinoa and parsley, cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
4. Season to taste with extra salt and pepper and possibly a little bit of sugar depending on the tartness of the tomatoes.
5. Serve with a doorstop wedge of fresh bread, a dollop of my homemade pesto and some parmesan topping with a sprinkling of pepper.