3/4 Cup Quinoa
1 Red Onion, finely sliced
4 Spring Onions, finely sliced
1/2 Cup White Wine
4 Large Mushrooms, quartered and sliced
2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
To Serve: few fresh rocket leaves & a sprinkling of parmesan
1. Grab a large non stick saucepan. Add a glug of olive oil or coconut oil. Once heated add the onions and garlic. Fry until soft, make sure you don’t burn.
2. Add the mushrooms, and soften them for a couple of minutes.
3. Add the wine, cook for a couple more minutes.
4. Add quinoa and cook for a couple of minutes before adding the stock water.
5. Once stock water is added, bring heat down to a simmer and leave for 30-40 minutes (until all water has been absorbed) stir occasionally. Season to taste with some salt & pepper. Although the stock normally gives it enough salt.
6. Serve on a plate with few leaves of fresh rocket and sprinkling of parmesan (no parmesan if want to remain vegan). Oh and don’t forget the rest of that wine in a glass!!