A beautifully balanced dish with pan fried honey glazed chicken on a bed of baby spinach, charred capsicum, pomegranate, sprinkled in feta and toasted sunflower seeds.
This is perfectly sided with a delicious glass of cold sparkling Nakd mineral water with an added slice of fresh lemon and a handful of mint leaves. This one is a the perfect lunchtime feed with a refreshing glass.
I have mentioned before Nakd Water have been in my sidebar for the past couple of months and have advertised through my sponsor page. With this, I include them in certain recipes and promote them through The Rosedog Blog.
Nakd water is amazing, I have tasted it myself and its the cleanest, lightest tasting water around. Bottled at the source in the beautiful Bay of Plenty, New Zealand. It has naturally gone through a 50 year filtration process where it has acquired a natural pH and silica levels which are guaranteed to keep you looking young! I would highly recommend to hop on the bandwagon or even show your support and like their Facebook or follow them on Instagram. They are also stocking in Sonoma Bakeries across Sydney, so look out for them.
If you are a foodie/drinks brand for as little as $10 a month you can advertise through my blog, all details here.
Anyway where was I, back to this tasty salad. A brilliant light lunch or supper. Full of nutritious goodness and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
2 Free Range Chicken boneless & skinless Thighs
2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
1 Tbsp Honey
3 Cups Baby Spinach Leaves, washed
3-4 Bullhorn Capsicum, red, yellow or green, halved lengthways
1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds, toasted
1/2 Cup Feta, crumbled
1/2 Pomengranate Seeds
Sea Salt & Pepper
1. On a plate place your chicken thighs flat and dust them with the smoked paprika, ensure that all of the thighs are covered in the paprika. Set to one side for 10 minutes.
2. During this time heat a small non stick frying pan and toast the sunflower seeds until slightly browned and season lastly with salt. Pop to one side on a plate.
3. Grab yourself a griddle pan or if you don’t have one just a normal non stick frying pan. Heat with a good dash of olive oil, once hot, place your halved capsicums face down and let them sizzle until charred. Then turn and sizzle until charred. Place to one side and leave to cool.
4. Put your small non stick pan back on the heat with a dash of olive oil. Once hot add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes each side. For the last minute add a tbsp of honey to ensure the chicken thighs are well and truly glazed. Turn off heat and leave to cool.
5. Now time to load up your Nakd Chicken Salad, add the spinach to a large bowl or serve on a plate, then sunflower seeds, pomegranate seeds, finely chop the capsicum and layer up, then crumble the feta all over. Finally finish with the thighs that you have finely sliced. Serve with a side of balsalmic and olive oil and a sprinkling of sea salt and pepper.