|Pick yourself up a Rosedog & Co set of hand dyed indigo shibori napkins for $20 for a set of four available through my Etsy shop (link above)|
Brussel Sprouts are incredibly underrated, they are full of flavour and have a slight mustardy tang, which I absolutely love. This is mine and boys fave sprout dish. I like to think of it as carb free pasta and the sprout being the pasta. It has been pimped up with some fried red onion, crispy bacon lardons, crunchy broccolini, greek yoghurt and parmesan. Truly a delicious dish. Cheap to make and will put a big fat smile on your face with that first mouthful. Carb free too. Takes less than 10 minutes to make.
2 Large Handful Brussel Sprouts, base cut off, washed & cut into quarters
1 Pack Smokey Streaky Bacon, finely chopped into lardons
Bunch of Broccolini, roughly chopped
1 Red Onion, finely chopped
2 Glugs Worcestershire Sauce
3 Tbsp Greek Yoghurt
Handful Grated Parmesan
Salt & Pepper
1. Grab two large frying pans, add a glug of oil, add bacon into one and fry until crispy, in the other one add onion and fry until soft.
2. Poor onions into bacon pan, add worcestershire sauce and brussel sprouts, pan fry with bacon and onion for 5-7 minutes.
3. Add broccolini, cook for a couple of minutes.
4. Take off heat, leave to cool for a couple of minutes before adding the greek yoghurt and half of the parmesan.
5. Serve up, finishing with a good sprinkling of parmesan, salt & pepper.