Pea, mint and feta crostini is a fabulous simple, cheap and quick to make. Delicious flavours which really work well with one another. A brilliant one to serve as a starter or canapés for your mates this festive season. Not too bad for you either.
Happy Tuesday Folks
1.5 Cup Frozen Peas
1/2 Lemon Squeezed
4-5 Mint Leaves Finely Chopped
1/2 Cup of Crumbled Feta
6-7 thin slices of fresh bread stick
Salt & Pepper
1. Boil the peas for a few minutes until cooked, then blanche in cold water for 5 minutes.
2. Once cooled smash with a potato masher. Mash as much as you want. I like semi mashed peas.
3. Add mint, lemon juice and feta to pea mash. Mix together and season to taste with a good sprinkling of salt and pepper.
4. Pop little slices of bread into the toaster (or can heat them either side on griddle pan!)
5. Serve with dollops of pea mixture on each one and an extra squeeze of lemon and sprinkling of pepper.
NB: remove feta to be vegan & can pre-grill or toast bread unto 8 hours before service, pop in an airtight container.0