Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Fro-yo has been the craze for sometime now. For those who are not familiar with the word, it is frozen yoghurt.
*Gorgeous stacking rings from KA Fines range of Kirstin Ash Jewellery
This is a stunningly simple recipe homemade from raspberries, a touch of orange zest and organic greek yoghurt, frozen and blitzed with a food processor. Who said you need an ice-cream maker! Its brilliant for any day of the week and can be either a simple dessert to make for guests and keeps the kids happy too.
Tip* if you have a mass of over ripe fruit pop in sealable bags and freeze for later. If you are vegan substitute greek yoghurt for coconut yoghurt and honey for maple syrup.
I made mine two ways either fruity cups or for the tub to scoop out and pop in a bowl
1.5 Cups Organic Greek Yoghurt
1 Cup Raspberries
2 Tbsp Honey
Zest from one orange
Juice from half a large orange
- The raspberry sauce is similar to my bircher museli recipe. In a small sauce pan, add the raspberries, orange zest and juice and honey and let them slowly mingle together on a low heat. Place to one side and leave to cool.
- Once sauce is cooled evenly distribute it in the muffin tin or in your loaf tin and then add your greek yoghurt. Place in the freezer until frozen.
- Once frozen you can either serve as it as it is scattered with fresh fruit.
- Or pop it in the food processor and blitz until smooth ice-cream and ready to scoop into a bowl or on a cone.
- Sprinkle with fresh fruit to serve.