Energy Bliss Balls are little balls of utter heaven. Not only are they sugar free, high in protein (thanks to the cashew nuts, chia seeds and cacao powder), healthy fats and anti-inflammatory (thank you to Mr Coconut Oil) and high in antioxidants (from the dates). They are fabulous mid morning snacks to keep you going until lunch or pre workout to give you that little bit more of a boost and to push yourself a little harder. I am a definite 11am snacker (in Aus its called “smoko”) as I work out most mornings, I am usually starving by 11am and these little balls just keep me tied over. One of my great buddies Son, gave me the idea. No cooking needed its just me and my trusted friend the food processor. Super simple to make. Great for kids too.
1 Cup Cashew Nuts, unsalted
1 Cup Dried Dates, soaked in boiling water
1/4 Cup Raw Cacao Powder
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
1/2 Cup Desiccated Coconut
1. Grab a cup of dried dates, place in a bowl and just cover in boiling water, soak for 15 minutes.
2. In a food processor add cashews, blend at high speed until fine crumble
3. Add to food processor, cacao powder, drain the dates of water and add. Salt, chia seeds, coconut oil, vanilla essence and cinnamon and blitz…
4. Until it looks something like this (below), a smoothish paste
5. On a small plate pop the desiccated coconut and roll the raw mixture into half golf size balls using your hands (can be a messy job so roll up sleeves). Then roll in the desiccated coconut. Pop on a plate and place in the fridge to harden.
Can be stored in the fridge for a later date.