A faultless dish for meat-free days. Roasted tomatoes always take me back to childhood, Mum used to always give them to us on some buttery fresh bread for breakfast, lunch or even supper, it was hot, simple and perfect to fill our tummies. Feta stuffed mushroom are a brilliant accompaniment to this and add a little extra va-va-voom. Can be laid on a bed of spinach too. Would be a brilliant Sunday morning brunch. 2 Minutes to prep and 25 minutes to cook. Can all be done in one tray too. Saves on the washing up.
4 Vine Ripe Tomatoes, halved
4 Flat Mushrooms
1/2 Lemon, squeezed
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
Handful Parsley, roughly chopped
Sea Salt & Pepper
* beautiful “thankful” and “spread love” hand-stamped personalised cutlery by House of Bec, buy online, ships worldwide
1. Pre-heat oven to 180c. In a baking tray add tomatoes facing up. Sprinkle tomatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper and a pea size drizzle of honey to each one. Whack in the oven for 15 minutes.
2. During this time make the feta mix, add the feta, lemon juice, garlic and half a handful of parsley to a bowl. Smash together with a fork until a smooth paste. Season with some sea salt and pepper if needs be.
3. Smother feta mix evenly onto mushrooms. Whack in the oven with the tomatoes and roast for a further 10 minutes until soft and slightly crispy on the outside.
4. Serve on a plate with the rest of the parsley. Goes great with a good wedge of fresh buttery bread or try some of my carb free bread here if you are trying to stay away from the carbs.