Want a simple soup to make with the last little leftovers of Christmas. Pea, ham & broccoli soup is ridiculously easy, delicious and a perfect soup to whack in the freezer and use for a later date. Full of goodies and natural ingredients. Fabulous for light supper of mid week lunch.
Happy Weekend to you all
Makes about 4 servings of soup
1 Onions, finely chopped
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
1 Cup Christmas Ham, finely chopped
1 Cup Peas
1 Broccoli, roughly chopped
1L Veggie Stock
Handful Fresh Basil, roughly chopped
Salt & pepper to season
1. Grab a large saucepan, add a dash of olive oil and heat. Add onions and garlic. Place lid back on sauce pan and heat until soft.
2. Add ham and toss in onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes until heated. Then add peas, broccoli and stock.
3. Bring to boil and then simmer on a lower heat for 15 minutes.
4. Take off heat, grab yourself a whizz stick and blitz until smooth.
5. Serve with a large handful of basil on top. Tuck in with a delicious piece of hot buttery bread. Why don’t you try some of my carb-free bread.