This salad Nicosie is the king of kings. A fabulous nutrient-rich tuna salad boasting benefits not just for the skin (great for acne prone skin), but also great for joints and bones (osteoporosis) and finally for the heart (high blood pressure) and circulation specifically targeting those with high cholesterol.
The tuna-steak and anchovies have been sustainably sourced. Next time you are sourcing any seafood, make sure that it has been sustainably caught (always ask if not sure), every little bit helps to maintain and sustain our beautiful oceans. Read more about it here.
Back to this fabulously easy recipe that is sure to satisfy the hungriest of souls.
2 Sustainable Yellowfin Tuna Steaks (about 150g to 200g each)
3 Cups Spinach, washed
10 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
5-6 Sml Radishes, quartered
15 Green Beans, topped and tailed and halved lengthways
2-3 Free Range Eggs, soft boiled, quartered
6 Rashers of Free Range Smokey Bacon
10 Anchovy Fillets, marinaded or pickled
4-6 Baby Potatoes, hard boiled & quartered
Handful of Basil, Parsley & Chives, roughly chopped (optional)
Sea Salt & Pepper
2 Tsp Maille Dijon Mustard
4 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (read more benefits here)
6 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Sugar or Honey
(Mix all dressing ingredients together and season to taste)
1. Start by bringing your baby potatoes to the boil and make sure they are hard boiled, so still firm when poked (around 7-10 minutes).
2. Soft boil your eggs in a different pan so about 2.5 minutes from when water is boiling.
3. Fry your bacon in a small non stick pan with a splash of olive oil. Until crisp. Once crispy place on some kitchen roll to soak any excess fat.
4. Keep the bacon fat in pan and gently fry your green beans until slightly charred on the outside. Remove and place on kitchen roll with bacon.
5. You potatoes should be hard boiled by now. Drain and leave to steam dry until ready to set up the salad.
6. With same small frying pan, place back on medium-high heat. Add the tuna steak and cook for about 1 minute on either side (make sure it stays pink in the middle). Remove from heat.
7. Time to load up the salad. In a large salad bowl. Add spinach, tomatoes, radish, anchovies and herbs and toss well together. Then add beans and potatoes and toss again. Followed by soft boiled eggs around the outside and sliced tuna steak. Finish off with sprinkling of crispy bacon and serve with dressing in a small jug.