A delicious well-balanced combination of grated carrot and sweet potato rosti covered in fresh baby spinach, green peas, crumbling feta and 3-4 organic poached eggs.
A winning breakfast, lunch or side to a larger supper. This little number has been derived by my favourite chef Jamie Oliver. I love this one anytime of the day. Cheap to make too.
3 Organic or Free Range Poached Eggs
1 Lg Sweet Potato, skins left on, grated
4 Carrots, grated
1 Cup Fresh Baby Spinach Leaves, washed
1/2 Cup Frozen Peas, blanched
100g Feta, crumbled
Salt & Pepper
For the dressing:
1 Lemon, squeezed
1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 180c. Use grate option on food processer or a box grater to grate all of the carrot and sweet potato. Once grated pour into a clean tea towel and wring out the excess water until dryish.
2. Place rosti (carrot & sweet potato) onto large baking tray or two. Season with a good sprinkling of salt and pepper and some olive oil and whack in the oven for a good 40 minutes until crispy and crunchy.
3. Whilst rosti is roasting. Blanch the frozen peas & poach the eggs, so they are runny in the middle.
4. To make dressing, whack all ingredients into jar shake or stir.
5. Once rosti is crispy and blackened around the edge, leave to cool of 5 or so minutes. Set up dish by sprinkling feta over rosti, adding the poached eggs, peas and scattering with baby spinach leaves. Season with a good pinch of salt and grind of pepper.
6. Once served on plate add dressing and enjoy