Thai style sticky pork mince with broccolini, coriander, chilli and cashews is simple, a sensory explosion encompassing a mass of flavours to tickle all 5 senses of taste. A fabulous dish to whip up one evening this week if you unsure at what to cook. A quintessential lunch or supper for any day this week. Takes 10 minutes to make.
It is delicious easy to make with 6 simple steps. Just make sure that you prep all of the goodies before you go as the cooking process is short.
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
300g Minced Pork
3 Garlic Cloves, finely sliced
1/2 Cup Palm Sugar, finely grated
2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
4 Kaffir Lime Leaves, finely sliced
2 Thumbs Ginger, grated
1/2 Cup Raw Cashews
1 Bunch Broccolini, sliced lengthways
1/2 bunch coriander, finely chopped
2 Limes, squeezed
1 Chilli, finely chopped
- Prep all of your ingredients and have them on a plate ready to go. Get your boiling water ready in a sauce pan to steam your broccolini.
- Heat oil in large frying pan coconut oil, once hot add pork mince and let it fry until lightly browned and almost cooked, then add the garlic slices, mix in and toss for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove pork mince frying pan into bowl and place frying pan back on heat. Add palm sugar, fish sauce, grated ginger and kaffir lime leaves, reduce heat and let it simmer until thick (but not burnt). Add pork back in and toss in sauce.
- Add broccolini to steamer and let it steam for 2-3 minutes (you still want it crunchy).
- Add 3/4 of the bunch of coriander to mince, cashews, half of the chilli and juice from one lime, toss to infuse all flavours.
- Serve on large plate with broccolini on the bottom, mince then remaining coriander, chillies and squeeze lime on just before you serve.