A scrumptious and nourishing cookie is the perfect pick me up and guaranteed to bring that lift into your afternoon. Made from all plant based ingredients, this is the ultimate cookie not just for the vegan but also meaty enough for those who aren’t.
I used locally based brand Keen-Wah with their organic puffed and flaked quinoa for energy boosting nutrition, sided with almond meal, LSA Meal, organic cacao nibs from Xocolatl Brokers, banana and dates for sweetness.
Less that 10 minutes to make then 20 minutes in the oven you have yourself a perfect mid morning or afternoon aperitif.
Makes around 8 cookies
1 Cup Quinoa Flakes
1/3 Cup Ground LSA Meal (Linseed/Sunflower/Almond)
1/3 Cup Puffed Quinoa
1/3 Almond or Hazelnut Meal
1/3 Walnuts, roughly chopped
3 Tbsp Cacao Nibs
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Ripe Banana
10 Dates, destoned
1. Turn oven onto 180c. Place dates into bowl and cover with enough boiling water to they are all submerged. Leave to soak for 5 minutes.
2. Add all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and ensure well mixed.
3. In a blender or food processor add banana, drain the almost all of the water from the dates and add those to food process and blitz until a gooey/runny consistency.
4. Add to dry mixture and mix together, until a doughy consistency.
5. Roll into walnut sized balls and squish down onto a lined baking tray. Should make 8-10 cookies.
6. Whack in the oven for 20 minutes until browned on the outside. Pop on a wire rack and leave to cool.