My watercress soup is such a delicious and nutritious soup made from only a handful of ingredients. Make sure you add this doctor in a bowl to your recipe books this winter.
Watercress is a great source of chlorophyll, this is perfect to help your body detox and intestinal cleanse (chlorophyll gives plants their bright green colour) it is known to help with arthritis and anaemia. It also creates an alkaline environment which will help your body work at its best.
My little soup is refreshing, light and goes so well with a dollop of horseradish sauce on top. Made with some of my homemade bone broth. Watercress is also really cheap you can get some great value for money with a perfectly nourishing dish. Serve with a couple of wedges of sourdough and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
Takes 15 minutes to make
n.b make sure you wash the watercress really well before hand, it has the tendency to be really gritty. You will also need a food processor for this to get the watercress extra chopped up!
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Large white onion, diced
4 Garlic cloves, finely sliced
700ml Bone Broth or Stock water
1 Large bunch of of watercress, washed in Apple cider vinegar and water
Sea salt and pepper
1 Lemon, squeezed to serve
1 Tsp Horseradish
- In a large saucepan, medium heat, melt coconut oil, add onion and garlic cloves and gently sweat, be careful not to burn.
- Add bone broth and bring to the boil.
- Whilst broth is being brought to the boil, add watercress to the food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
- Take bone broth off the heat and slowly ladle or pour into chopped watercress, blitz until as smooth as you can get it. I finished off mine with a whizz stick to get it the soup smoother.
- Season with sea salt and pepper. Add a dollop of horseradish and squeeze of lemon to serve.